Tuesday daily cattle summary
10 January 2017
There was a relatively small yarding for the first Toowoomba sale of 2017, with a total of 406 head yarded. Prices remained close to pre-Christmas levels.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to restockers averaged 359¢/kg
- Light weight C2 yearling heifers to feed averaged 332¢/kg
- Heavy weight C4 grown steers to slaughter settled on 295¢/kg
- Medium weight D2 cows to slaughter averaged 226¢/kg
Numbers totalled 873 head at TRLX Tamworth with restocker and feedlot competition strong.
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 334¢/kg
- Medium weight C2 yearling heifers to restockers averaged 328¢/kg
- Light weight grown steers to restockers settled on 309¢/kg
- Medium weight D3 cows to slaughter settled on 226¢/kg
Numbers increased at Wagga for the first sale of 2017 to 3,200 head. Increased feedlot competition influenced price trends.
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed averaged 351¢, while those to feed averaged 337¢/kg
- Heavy weight C2 yearling heifers to feed settled on 333¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter averaged 302¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter settled on 243¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) opened the year at 636.75¢/kg cwt
- Trade steers averaged 341¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers settled on 300¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 294¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows opened the year at 227¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers settled on 343¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?