Tuesday daily cattle summary
10 November 2015
Yardings at Toowoomba Elders declined 8%, to 410 head, and prices generally tracked dearer, supported by strong restocker, feeder and trade buyer demand.
- Light (200-280kg) C2 yearling steers to restockers eased 4¢, averaging 335¢/kg
- Medium weights to feeder buyers lifted 23¢, averaging 321¢/kg
- Heavy C4 grown steers lifted 9¢, averaging 307¢/kg
Throughput at TRLX Tamworth jumped 23%, to 1,671 head, with yearlings well supplied and quality mostly good. An additional northern processor operated in the cow market and restocker and feeder cattle were in high demand.
- Heavy C3 yearling feeder steers lifted 23¢, averaging 326¢/kg
- Medium C3 yearling heifers to the same orders jumped 17¢, averaging 317¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers to slaughter improved 10¢, averaging 303¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows eased 5¢, averaging 251¢/kg
Consignments at Wagga lifted 56%, to 4,100 head, despite solid rainfall recorded across the supply area. Quality was very good. Restocker inquiry increased markedly, fuelled by rain, and additional northern export processors continued to operate, particularly in the cow market.
- Heavy C2 yearling steers to feeder orders jumped 16¢, averaging 320¢/kg
- Heavy C3 yearling heifers to the trade improved 9¢, averaging 294¢/kg
- Heavy C3 grown steers to slaughter gained 11¢, averaging 307¢ and selling to 325¢/kg
- Heavy D4 cows improved 12¢, averaging 262¢/kg
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled at 582.25¢, up 8.25¢/kg cwt on where it finished last week
- Trade steers averaged 307¢, up 4¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers averaged 290¢, up 2¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers averaged 301¢, up 3¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows averaged 241¢, up 3¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers averaged 318¢, up 3¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?