Tuesday daily sheep summary
25 August 2015
Lamb consignments at Dubbo were down 35%, to 25,470 head, and included a good selection of well-finished new season lambs as well as heavy weight old season lambs. Merino lambs were also well-supplied.
Sheep throughput was relatively steady week-on-week, at 6,155 head, and most grades sold to a dearer trend.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs lifted 24¢ and averaged 599¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight 3 score Merino lambs slipped 4¢ on 490¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score Merino lambs were back 15¢ on 507¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score lambs increased 7¢ on 599¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy 4 score lambs were 13¢ lower on 607¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 4 score Merino ewes gained 35¢ on 405¢/kg cwt
At Bendigo, lamb numbers declined 26% to 7,341 head. Quality was plainer overall, particularly across the new season lambs, with the majority showing signs of dryness in the skin.
The sheep offering increased 49%, to 12,721 head, with several large lines of recently shorn crossbred and Merino ewes penned.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs were up 22¢ on 624¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs gained 30¢ on 636¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight 2 score lambs slipped 22¢ on 552¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 2 score lambs declined 47¢ and averaged 521¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score lambs lifted 7¢ on 578¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were down 5¢ and averaged 371¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator decreased 4¢ on 546¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were back 7¢ on 511¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs eased 3¢ on 536¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs lifted 3¢ on 581¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs increased 2¢ on 585¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator was 2¢ lower and finished on 366¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?