Tuesday daily sheep summary
24 November 2015
Lamb consignments at Bendigo were 8% higher week-on-week, at 19,377 head. While there were some reasonable quality young lambs from southern grazing areas on offer, the majority were showing the effects of the dry conditions. Not all buyers operated at full capacity.
Sheep throughput declined 32%, to 10,624 head. Heavy crossbred ewes and Merino wethers were supported by restocker enquiry, while most light and medium weight categories sold to a cheaper trend.
- Light weight 2 score young lambs to restockers lifted 1¢ and averaged 503¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score first cross young lambs slipped 10¢ on 479¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score young lambs were up 2¢ on 507¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight young lambs were 7¢ dearer and averaged 486¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were down 4¢ on 318¢/kg cwt
Lamb numbers at Dubbo fell 23%, to 10,191 head, and quality was plainer overall. Heavy weight lambs were in short supply.
The sheep offering was back 11%, to 7,241 head, and it was a good quality yarding with most drafts carrying plenty of weight.
- Light weight 3 score Dorper young lambs lifted 9¢ on 520¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score Dorper young lambs fell 36¢ and averaged 557¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs declined 41¢ on 522¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino ewes were 44¢ lower and averaged 323¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator decreased 4¢ on 545¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were back 19¢ on 455¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs lost 4¢ on 508¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were 7¢ lower on 511¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs declined 5¢ on 517¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator slipped 4¢ on 317¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?