Tuesday daily sheep summary
27 October 2015
Lamb consignments at Bendigo increased 31% week-on-week, to 19,747 head. First draft new season lambs from southern graziers improved the overall quality of yarding. The regular buying group were in attendance, although not all were operating at capacity.
Sheep numbers dipped 8% week-on-week, to 7,966 head. Competition from processors across all weight categories was strong, with most gaining $10 to $15/head week-on-week.
- New season light weight score 2 lambs to restockers lifted 16¢ on 526¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight score 3 first-cross lambs were 28¢ dearer on 495¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight score 3 lambs increased 9¢ to 492¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight score 2 Merino ewes jumped 42¢ to reach 317¢/kg cwt
Dubbo lamb yardings fell 39% week-on-week, to 15,720 head. Quality was fair, with a large percentage of Merinos on offer. A reasonable selection of trade weight new season lambs were on offer, while heavy weight lambs were in short supply
Sheep consignments dropped 27% week-on-week, to 8,600 head, in a solid market with most categories selling to a dearer trend.
- New season trade weight score 3 lambs to slaughter gained 12¢ to 535¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight score 2 Merino lambs increased 57¢ to average 414¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight score 3 Merino lambs dropped 26¢ to 452¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight score 4 lambs were 35¢ dearer to average 553¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight score 3 Merino ewes increased 39¢ to 371/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator lifted 2¢ on 560¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 8¢ on 456¢
- Light lambs were up 2¢ on 472¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs eased 1¢ on 508¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were 2¢ dearer on 495¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator jumped 12¢ on 315¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?