Tuesday daily sheep summary
22 September 2015
Lamb throughput at Dubbo declined 34% week-on-week, to 25,360 head, with a reasonable selection of new season lambs and old season heavy weights on offer. Merino lambs were well-supplied.
Sheep numbers lifted 16%, to 9,500 head, and it was a good quality yarding overall, with some excellent lines of well-finished ewes and wethers penned.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs fell 23¢ and averaged 509¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs were back 31¢ on 504¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight 2 score Merino lambs lifted 18¢ on 446¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score Merino lambs decreased 32¢ on 435¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight 4 score lambs slipped 22¢ on 487¢/kg cwt
- Old season extra heavy 4 score lambs were 30¢ dearer and averaged 542¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 4 score Merino ewes were 26¢ lower and averaged 350¢/kg cwt
Lamb consignments at Bendigo were down 2%, to 16,845 head, and quality was plainer overall, with an increased proportion of new season lambs lacking finish. Not all buyers operated at full capacity.
Sheep supply fell 20%, to 10,442 head, with most categories selling to a cheaper trend week-on-week.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers decreased 55¢ on 538¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs were back 23¢ on 516¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs slipped 9¢ on 525¢/kg cwt
- New season extra heavy 4 score lambs were 45¢ lower and averaged 477¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes fell 26¢ on 339¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator was down 13¢ on 566¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs eased 4¢ on 451¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were up 3¢ on 499¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs slipped 4¢ on 518¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs declined 4¢ on 510¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator was back 6¢ on 350¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?