Tuesday daily sheep summary
08 September 2015
Consignments at Dubbo eased, to 37,950 head, attributed to a fall in lamb supply. The quality of the yarding was good and all buyers were in attendance, with the exception of one major southern processor.
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs to slaughter were 15¢ cheaper to average 601¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino old lambs eased 10¢ to 517¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter were 36¢ cheaper on 561¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score old Merino lambs decreased 29¢ to 528¢, while those to slaughter eased 26¢ to 566¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes were 6¢ cheaper on 400¢, while heavy weight 4 scores gained 8¢ to average 419¢/kg cwt
Supply at Bendigo also slipped, to 21,938 head. Heavy weight young lambs were presented in good condition and restockers were active on suitable lines.
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs were 8¢ cheaper on 588¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs to slaughter averaged 594¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter settled on 559¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 1 score Merino ewes gained 5¢ to 378¢, while the 2 scores were unchanged on 390¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes decreased 13¢ to average 384¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino ewes lifted 40¢ to 388¢/kg cwt
At the conclusion of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator was 8¢ lower on 595¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs decreased 10¢ to 528¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were firm on 544¢/kg cwt
- The Eastern States Trade Lamb Indicator (ESTLI) eased 3¢ to 582¢/kg cwt
- The heavy lamb indicator slipped 9¢ to 571¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator lifted 1¢ to 382¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?