Tuesday daily sheep summary
20 September 2016
At Dubbo, lamb throughput declined 32% to 15,000 head. Numbers near halved as a result of the wet conditions, with a fairly good quality yarding of lambs on offer to the regular buyers. Good conditioned new season sections were well supplied, along with some Merino and well finished older lambs.
Mutton numbers decreased 55%, to 2,300 head. It was a fairly good quality yarding of mutton overall, with most grades trending dearer week-on-week.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs were up 12¢, at 639¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score Merino lambs averaged 611¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight 4 score lambs were up 42¢, at 645¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino ewes were up 5¢, averaging 446¢/kg cwt
Lamb consignments at Bendigo increased 20%, to 16,306 head. Supplies improved once again this week, with new season lines dominating the offering and older sections limited. Weight and finish amongst the new season sections was good, and all the regular buyers competed in a mixed market overall.
Sheep numbers declined 12%, to 4,029 head. Merino and shorn crossbred ewes were well supplied this week, with the market trending notably dearer in sections.
- New season light weight 2 score first-cross lambs eased 5¢, to 582¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score first-cross lambs slipped 4¢, to 577¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs were back 25¢, to 596¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes gained 9¢, to 399¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator gained 7¢, to 636¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 4¢, on 561¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were up 2¢, on 591¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were up 2¢, on 623¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were back 1¢, to 618¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator settled 1¢ cheaper, at 410¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?