Tuesday daily sheep summary
25 October 2016
Lamb consignments at Dubbo decreased 38% this week, to 18,475 head. It was a fairly good quality yarding, and a reasonable selection of trade weight lines were on offer. Most older sections were well represented, and a mixed trend underlined the market overall.
Sheep numbers declined 46%, to 5,630 head. Most grades were represented in what was a good quality yarding of mutton, with most grades finishing dearer.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs were back 5¢, to 548¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight 2 score Merino lambs gained 25¢, to 563¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score lambs were up 6¢, to 568¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight 4 score lambs were up 35¢, to 580¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes were up 54¢, to 366¢/kg cwt
Lamb throughput at Bendigo declined 21%, to 16,975 head. Following the discounted rates recorded the week prior, weight and quality amongst the young lamb offering remained strong, with all buyers operating in a firm to dearer market.
Mutton consignments decreased 29%, to 3,809 head. The market finished marginally stronger on last week’s sale, with leaner trade weight Merino sheep selling to particularly strong demand.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs were up 28¢, to 628¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score first-cross lambs gained 22¢, to 536¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 4 score lambs averaged 530¢, up 11¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were up 4¢, averaging 384¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator averaged 6¢ dearer on 627¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were up 17¢, on 512¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were up 10¢, to 556¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were up 1¢, to 554¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were up 5¢, on 546¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator finished 7¢ dearer, at 371¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?