Tuesday daily sheep summary
08 November 2016
At Dubbo, lamb throughput declined 31% to 14,900 head. It was a much plainer quality yarding this week, with ideal trade and heavy weight lambs limited and not all the regular buyers operating in a cheaper market.
Mutton supplies decreased 19%, to 7,070 head. It was a good quality yarding, with a few drafts of heavy weight ewes & wethers presenting in outstanding condition.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs were up 29¢, to 636¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score lambs to processors eased 16¢, to 557¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino ewes eased 27¢, to 357¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 4 score Merino wethers lifted 4¢, averaging 371¢/kg cwt
Lamb consignments at Bendigo increased 18%, to 18,559 head. Unshorn young lines made up the majority of the yarding and quality held firm, with processor demand softening week-on-week. A mixed price trend underlined the sale, with those to slaughter finishing cheaper, and plainer lighter weights marginally dearer.
Sheep numbers increased 55%, to 5,700 head. Merinos and first-cross sections were well supplied, with the majority presenting in notable condition and prices generally stronger week-on-week.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers were back 12¢, at 564¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score first-cross lambs eased 41¢, to 502¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 4 score lambs to processors slipped 55¢, averaging 509¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were up 12¢, averaging 397¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator settled 1¢ dearer, at 618¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs were up 4¢, to 541¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs held firm on 571¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs held steady on 546¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs dropped 2¢, to 533¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator settled 2¢ dearer, at 362¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?