Tuesday daily sheep summary
15 November 2016
At Dubbo, lamb numbers increased 5% to 15,640 head. Despite the lift in supply, quality remained mixed – with new season consignments limited. Merino and Dorper lines were well represented, with plenty of trade weights on offer. The usual buyers operated in a cheaper trade market, while heavy lambs trended dearer.
Sheep throughput decreased 21%, to 5,556 head. Merinos offerings were strong this week, with prices trending dearer for those in full wool.
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter were up 1¢, to 542¢/kg cwt
- Old season light weight 2 score Merino lambs jumped 74¢, to 545¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter eased 25¢, to 543¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight 4 score lambs to processors gained 13¢, to 566¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes were 40¢ dearer, averaging 394¢/kg cwt
Lamb throughput at Bendigo declined 16%, to 15,544 head. Quality varied from good to very good across most sections this week, with more new season lines on offer and most showing good cover and finish. The usual buying group operated, with some spirited bidding on display in what was a stronger market overall.
Mutton consignments decreased 33%, to 3,805 head. A mixed yarding of all weights and grade were penned this week, with most light and medium weights trending dearer.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers were up 4¢, to 603¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs to processors gained 13¢, at 519¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs jumped 23¢, to 525¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score Merino ewes were up 22¢, averaging 407¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator finished 2¢ dearer, averaging 610¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 4¢, to 518¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were back 1¢, to 557¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were up 1¢, to 531¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs settled 2¢ dearer, on 516¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator finished 3¢ higher, on 373¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?