Tuesday daily sheep summary
13 December 2016
This week, Dubbo lamb throughput increased 60% to 18,300 head. A relatively good quality yarding was on offer, with heavy weight lambs well supplied, along with a fair selection of trade weights. Unshorn new season lines were limited however, and most categories trended lower compared to the previous sale.
Sheep numbers increased 35%, to 9,480 head. Most grades were on offer in a mixed yarding this week, with ewes settling marginally cheaper overall.
- Old season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers averaged 609¢/kg cwt
- Old season trade weight 3 score lambs to processors slipped 45¢, to 516¢/kg cwt
- Old season heavy weight 4 score lambs to slaughter eased 51¢, to 546¢/kg cwt
- Old season extra heavy weight 4 score lambs were back 48¢, to 522¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes dropped 16¢, to 352¢/kg cwt
Lamb supplies at Hamilton increased 24%, to 43,308 head. A larger yarding was on offer this week, with quality ranging from very good to average throughout most sections. An improved field of buyers were present, with trade, restocker and processor operators all active on better quality sections, and more young lambs showing signs of dryness seen week-on-week.
- New season light weight 2 score lambs to restockers averaged 28¢ lower, at 544¢/kg cwt
- New season trade weight 3 score lambs to processors were back 15¢, to 480¢/kg cwt
- New season heavy weight 3 score lambs slipped 6¢, averaging 489¢/kg cwt
- New season extra heavy weight 4 score lambs sold to 524¢, averaging 494¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator settled 4¢ lower, at 602¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 5¢, to 481¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs slipped 3¢, to 568¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were back 6¢, to 508¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs dropped 4¢, to 503¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator firmed at 384¢/kg cwt
For the full list of sheep market reports, please click here Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?