Tuesday daily sheep summary
10 January 2017
Numbers at Dubbo increased from pre-Christmas levels to total 19,070 head of sheep and lambs. More heavy lambs were yarded and quality was generally good.
- Light weight 2 score restocker Merino young lambs averaged 615¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score Merino old lambs sold from 495¢ to 590¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score lambs to slaughter averaged 585¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score lambs to slaughter settled on 583¢/kg cwt
- Export weight lambs to slaughter averaged 597¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes averaged 391¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino wethers settled on 409¢/kg cwt
Yardings at Bendigo totalled 17,864 head and quality has declined due to the hot and dry conditions. Demand from processors was fairly subdued.
- Light weight 2 score young lambs to restockers averaged 544¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight first cross lambs settled on 496¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score young lambs to slaughter averaged 469¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 1 and 2 score Merino ewes ranged from 329¢ to 409¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino wethers averaged 418¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator averaged 651¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs averaged 521¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs settled on 584¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs opened 2017 at 549¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs averaged 548¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator settled on 399¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?