Tuesday daily sheep summary
07 March 2017
Lamb consignments at Dubbo declined 32% to 16,600 head. A mixed yarding was supplied this week, with a plainer, mixed quality offering yarded. Trade and heavy weights were in reasonable supply, with a large percentage of lighter drafts penned.
Mutton numbers increased 16%, to 12,590 head. Some very good lines were on offer this week, with a large number of plainer sheep also on offer in what was a mixed yarding.
- Light weight 2 score Old lambs to restockers were back 14¢, to 588¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score Old lambs to processors eased 3¢, to 587¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Old lambs gained 13¢, averaging 615¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight 4 score Old lambs reached 656¢, averaging 629¢/kg cwt
This week at Bendigo, lamb numbers increased 32% to 17,282 head. Quality was mixed, with well finished trade weights in particularly short supply. The usual buyers operated, with some processor activity improving week-on-week as the market progressed to fluctuate throughout the sale.
Sheep throughput declined 16%, to 3,263 head. Smaller lots of Merino and crossbred ewes were on offer this week, with prices holding mostly firm to dearer in places.
- Trade weight 3 score Old first-cross lambs lifted 17¢, to 631¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score Old first-cross lambs gained 19¢, to 625¢/kg cwt
- Extra heavy weight 4 score Old first-cross lambs were up 3¢, to 637¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes finished 15¢ dearer, at 447¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator averaged 671¢, lifting 9¢/kg cwt from the previous day.
- Merino lambs averaged 557¢, back 2¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs averaged 599¢, back 1¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs averaged 612¢, up 1¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs gained 2¢, averaging 611¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator settled 3¢ cheaper, at 418¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?