Tuesday daily sheep summary
16 August 2016
At Dubbo, lamb throughput increased 29% to 33,250 head. It was a plainer quality yarding with a larger percentage of Merinos and white Dorpers penned. A good selection of trade and heavy weight lambs were on offer, however not all the regular buyers operated in what was a cheaper market overall.
Mutton consignments increased 37%, to 8,100 head. A good quality yarding of sheep were penned this week, with very few plainer sections on offer.
- Trade weight 4 score new season lambs eased 64¢, to 608¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score old merino lambs eased 72¢, at 468¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to processors slipped 39¢, to 597¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs to processors were back 27¢, to 622¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score Merino ewes gained 1¢, on 398¢/kg cwt
Lamb numbers at Bendigo increased 4%, to 8,786 head. New season lamb supplies lifted once again this week, with the market fluctuating throughout the sale. Not all the regular buyers operated, and young lambs presented in very good condition, with older sections however much plainer week-on-week.
Mutton throughput declined 27%, to 2,427 head. Numbers were limited, with demand strengthening and a dearer trend seen throughout most sections.
- Trade weight 3 score new season lambs eased 29¢, averaging 634¢/kg
- Heavy weight 3 score new season lambs slipped 24¢, averaging 637¢/kg
- Trade weight 2 score old season first-cross lambs gained 5¢, at 548¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score old season first-cross lambs eased 27¢, at 581¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 2 score Merino ewes were up 43¢, averaging 422¢/kg cwt
At the close of Monday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator averaged 598¢/kg cwt, holding firm on where it finished the previous day
- Merino lambs were back 9¢, to 543¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs were back 11¢, on 565¢/kg cwt
- Trade lambs were back 11¢, on 619¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs were back 12¢, on 624¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator were up 4¢, on 392¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?