Wednesday daily cattle summary
12 October 2016
The yarding at Roma Store sale near tripled as parts of the region begin to dry out, with 6,853 head consigned. A larger number of restockers attended and combined with competition from lot feeders, the market remained strong.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to restockers eased 22¢ to average 405¢/kg
- Medium weight C3 yearling steers sold to restockers to a top of 410¢ and averaged 394¢/kg
- Light weight D2 yearling heifers to slaughter were dearer, averaging 389¢/kg
- Medium weight D3 cows to slaughter increased 13¢ to settle on 258¢/kg
Consignments at NVLX Wodonga lifted to 1,600 head. Quality was good however the yarding included less supplementary fed trade steers and prices fluctuated across the young cattle categories as a result.
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to processors eased 6¢ to average 384¢/kg
- Heavy C3 yearling heifers to slaughter slipped 17¢ to average 349¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter were1¢ dearer, settling on 349¢/kg
Numbers at CTLX lifted to 1,856 head, up 76%. Feedlot buyers were active on the better conditioned cattle and the younger cattle sold to a dearer trend while most export cattle were cheaper.
- Heavy weight C3 yearling steers to feed were 2¢ dearer, averaging 367¢/kg
- Medium weight C2 yearling heifers to feed gained 9¢ to average 357¢/kg
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter jumped 11¢ to settle on 343¢/kg
- Heavy weight D4 cows to slaughter slipped 2¢ to average 267¢/kg
At the close of Tuesday's markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) settled on 712.75¢, down 4.25¢/kg cwt from where it was the previous day
- Trade steers were back 1¢, on 381¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers jumped 1¢ on 337¢/kg lwt
- Heavy steers were firm on 329¢/kg lwt
- Medium cows eased 1¢on 254¢/kg lwt
- Feeder steers finished 2¢ higher, on 378¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?