Wednesday daily cattle summary
25 November 2015
Roma Store yardings gained 62% week-on-week, to 7,400 head. Consignments were drawn from a large area including lines from Alice Springs. The usual buying group was in attendance along with a number of extra restocking buyers. Despite the increased numbers, all categories sold to a dearer trend.
- Light weight C2 vealer steers to restockers gained 8¢ to average362¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight D2 yearling heifers to feed fell 25¢, averaging 314¢/kg lwt
- Medium weight C3 grown steers to feed increased 2¢, averaging 311¢/kg lwt
- Medium D3 cows to slaughter were back 1¢, to 239¢/kg lwt
Throughput at CTLX lifted 11% week-on-week, to 3,025 head. Quality was mixed, with a number of yearling cattle lines in store condition. A full field of buyers attended although a large export order did not operate.
- Light weight C2 yearling steers to feed jumped 22¢ to 336¢/kg lwt
- Light weight C2 yearling heifers to restockers were up 22¢ to 302¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter increased 18¢, to average 296¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight D3 cows to slaughter dipped 5¢ to 244¢/kg lwt
NVLX Wodonga consignments slipped 5% week-on-week, to 2,900 head. Excellent lines of cattle were available across all categories. The market was stable for the usual buyers in attendance, with not all feedlot buyers operating.
- Heavy weight B2 vealer steers to slaughter fell 3¢ averaging 315¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C2 yearling steers to feed were down 5¢ to 305/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 yearling heifers to slaughter dropped 7¢ to 278¢/kg lwt
- Heavy weight C3 grown steers to slaughter decreased 10¢ averaging 284¢/kg lwt
At the close of Tuesday’s markets:
- The Eastern Young Cattle Indicator (EYCI) closed at 591.75¢, back 0.75¢/kg cwt on the previous day
- Trade steers averaged 303¢, back 3¢/kg lwt
- Medium steers averaged 292¢/kg lwt, steady
- Heavy steers averaged 292¢/kg lwt, steady
- Medium cows averaged 237¢/kg lwt, steady
- Feeder steers averaged 328¢, gaining 3¢/kg lwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA reported saleyards
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?