Wednesday daily sheep summary
02 September 2015
Lamb numbers remained steady with 4,302 supplied at Ballarat, while sheep numbers jumped to 4,917 head. There were increased lines of young lambs consigned this week and competition was solid.
- Trade weight 3 score young lambs to slaughter were 3¢ dearer on 615¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score old Merino lambs lifted 41¢ to 461¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter lifted 25¢ to 592¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter were 14¢ higher on 555¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino ewes gained 26¢ to average 387¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes eased 11¢ to 380¢, while 4 score lines lifted 15¢ to 407¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 2 score Merino wethers increased 5¢ to 390¢/kg cwt
Consignments jumped at Forbes, with 41,900 sheep and lambs yarded. There were 18,000 young lambs included in the yarding.
- Trade weight (18-20kg cwt)3 score young lambs to slaughter were 10¢ higher on 605¢, while the 20-22kg cwt lines were 5¢ to 15¢ cheaper on 609¢ to 634¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score young lambs to slaughter ranged in price from 588¢ to 670¢/kg cwt
- Light weight 3 score old Merino lambs were 4¢ lower on 562¢/kg cwt
- Trade weight 3 score old lambs to slaughter were 2¢ cheaper on 589¢/kg cwt
- Heavy weight 4 score old lambs to slaughter lifted 7¢ to 598¢/kg cwt
- Medium weight 3 score Merino ewes decreased 18¢ to 388¢/kg cwt
At the conclusion of Tuesday’s markets:
- The eastern states restocker lamb indicator was 18¢ higher week-on-week on 577¢/kg cwt
- Merino lambs gained 47¢ to 551¢/kg cwt
- Light lambs are 26¢ higher on 552¢/kg cwt
- The Eastern States Trade Lamb Indicator (ESTLI) increased 26¢ on this time last week to 602¢/kg cwt
- Heavy lambs lifted 13¢ to 599¢/kg cwt
- The mutton indicator is 18¢ higher week-on-week on 387¢/kg cwt
Note: All yardings and prices referenced are from MLA’s National Livestock Reporting Service (NLRS) reported saleyards.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?