Report Detail Page
Modelling of OJD - Extension Project
1. Workshops/presentations were undertaken as follows:
12 February, 2003 – NSW Agriculture, Orange
20 February, 2003 – National OJD Technical Advisory Group, Canberra
27 February, 2003 – Producer field day, Kangaroo Island
28 February, 2003 – SA OJD Advisory Committee and PIRSA staff, Adelaide
13-14 March, 2003 – Victorian OJD Advisory Committee and Primary Industries staff, Melbourne
26 March, 2003 – Tasmanian Advisory Committee and DPIWE staff
2. A range of scenarios were developed for both flock and regional models, and were discussed at the regional workshops. Additional scenarios were also developed following these discussions, and the original scenarios were modified and refined as necessary. There was considerable interest expressed at the workshops and some very valuable discussions evolved.
3. Advisory material was prepared on the following topics, based on the scenarios developed and presented at the workshops, and suggested refinements and additions. Draft material was prepared for MLA to develop further, on the following topics:
Modeling the spread of OJD
Patterns of disease – basic scenarios and costs of unrestricted disease
The tip of the iceberg
Control options – vaccination, low-efficacy vaccination, management and test-and-cull
Cost of disease
Vaccination options – high and moderate prevalence scenarios
Early vaccination and vaccination of adults
Vaccination plus management
5. Copies of annotated presentation slides were prepared in PowerPointP®P, for further development into standard presentations by MLA.
4. A summary of the modifications made to the flock model to incorporate economic analysis is provided in Appendix 1, and a copy of the revised model was provided to MLA.
5. Some minor revisions were also made to the regional spread model, and a copy of the revised model was provided to MLA.
This page was last updated on 12/11/2014
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?