Report Detail Page
Building a sustainable and effective value chain (Free Eyre lamb producers)
Representing more than 375 FREE Eyre farming enterprises and other investors in SA Eyre Peninsula (EP), FREE Eyre's aim in this project was to work with MLA, PIRSA and other stakeholders to:
- Fully scope, explore and map (path/cost/issues) the existing lamb and sheep meat value chain in the Eyre Peninsula
- Determine by way of desktop research within Australia and overseas what the elements are that bring scale, success and failure in groups of primary producers working together in a group i.e. co-operatives, companies and what FREE Eyre can adapt or adopt (for success) in a rapidly changing and globally competitive environment
- Determine market opportunities by researching consumer/customer segments and their demand and meat (in particular lamb and sheep meat) consumption trends for domestic and international markets
- Evaluate the opportunity and potential of developing an effective and cost efficient lamb value chain for the Eyre Peninsula
- Identify strategic partners to work with in the value chain
A booklet outlining the results of the project is attached, but the detailed report is commercially confidential.
This page was last updated on 24/07/2017
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?