Report Detail Page
Measuring and monitoring a Lucerne-grass mix pasture to increase enterprise productivity, profitability and sustainability
1. To measure and monitor the following key performance indicators of the summer active lucerne/grass mix (phalaris and cocksfoot) pasture over a 3 year period:
- kg beef produced per ha
- establishment and persistence of the sown species
- Composition mix of the sown species
- Time period of grazing
- Residual pasture cover on animal entry and exit. (this was not measured)
2. To complete a financial analysis of the proposed lucerne/grass mix The financial analysis will include cost benefit analysis and return on investment for the pasture system.
This page was last updated on 24/07/2017
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?