Report Detail Page
Soil Productivity With Naturally Occurring Additives
1. To have 12 members of the group knowledgeable about the benefits of enhanced soil productivity through using different organic additives.
2. To demonstrate whether it is possible to import, on a commercial scale, organic additives that may function in place of the missing micro-organisms and enzymes.
3. To increase beef/lamb production by 10% or 10 kg live weight per ha.
4. To restore enzymes in the soil nitrogen cycle (and probably other soil cycles as well) and confirm their presence via DNA testing.
5. To demonstrate whether there is a relationship between improvement of soil health and increased productivity by 10% (weight gain of livestock grazing the pastures enriched with organic additives tested through the proposed demonstration.
6. To trial these additives to determine if the importations enhance and sustain long-term soil productivity. .
This page was last updated on 24/07/2017
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?