Report Detail Page
Women in the On-Farm Livestock Industry
Increasing the participation of women and farm teams in on-farm programs by 10% has the potential to double the return on investment.
Recommendations address the following areas:
• Reviews the literature on women in agriculture
• Analyses data on women's participation in training programs and barriers
• Characterises typical roles of farm women using case studies
• Formulates practical recommendations to increase participation, and
• Describes a model to predict the impact of these changes
Further research is needed to quantify the impact of targeting farm teams; and the division of
• Developing a culture focused on farm teams
• Customising programs for women and farm teams
• Promoting leading women producers, and
• Partnerships to address farm succession
labour on farms.
This page was last updated on 11/11/2014
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?