Report Detail Page
Packaging related R&D
MLA has funded a series of projects related to product packaging technologies.
Early research (prior to 2000)
- M.642. Review of technology related to edible flims applicable to the meat industry (1999)
- M.465. Strategic Research into Smart Packaging (1995)
- M.381. Automated Packaging Machine Development (1994)
- M.119. Meat packaging & distribution (1998)
- VAMP.006. Overseas packaging study tour (1996)
- DAQ.071. Assessment of scraped surface heat exchanger technology for the development of extended shelf-life meat products (1993)
- PRENV.047 (1996). Study to gain a better understanding of the fate of packaging material throughout the meat industry supply
chain, once it reaches the end of its life.
More recent research
In 2007, A.MPT.0016 funded a Packaging Toolkit as a guide to assist industry in dealing with packaging within their organisation whether this was from the inception stage or an up-dating of an existing pack. It provided an outline of the factors which need to be considered in contemplating or introducing a new pack in a step-wise progression. Equally it could be used to review an existing pack with the aim of updating or modification.
|Contract No.||Title||Start date||End date||Funding type|
Packaging Consultancy 2007/2008
This page was last updated on 06/07/2018
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?