Report Detail Page
RELRP Database build and maintenance
Develop a database, based on project B.CCH.1048 – Scoping Study that integrates the historic database (project B.CCH.1047) with new RELRP data. The database will also align with projects B.CCH.1043 and B.CCH.1046.
Success in achieving milestone
Hardware and system administration:
- A production server was set up to host the RELRP database.
- A test server was set up to test the functionality of the RELRP database before public release.
- Domain name relpr.org.au was purchased and pointed to the RELRP database location
- Automatic back-up and failure notification systems were installed on the server
- Installed Google Analytics to track usage
- A web server was installed to install web pages and the research data repository
- Mock-up web pages were designed to illustrate the layout of the RELRP portal
- Create a web form that allows researchers to contact the RELRP portal administrator
- A relational database management system was installed to store research data and user information
- An LDAP server was installed to store user accounts
- An LDAP web interface was manage user accounts
- A research data repository application (Metacat) was installed to manage and serve research data
- Upgraded the layout of Metacat to match the look of the MLA website
- Upgraded the mapping services of Metacat to use Google maps
This page was last updated on 25/07/2017
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?