Report Detail Page
Livestock Data Link on floor grading software support
Livestock Data Link (LDL) aims to enhance the exchange and utilisation of information by businesses within the red meat industry through the implementation of a national standardised carcase feedback system. LDL is a web based application that links slaughter data from the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS), Meat Standards Australia (MSA) and Central Animal Health (CAH) databases with analytical tools, benchmarking reports and Solutions to Feedback. LDL enables supply chain participants to analyse carcase performance in terms of compliance to market specifications, with performance outcomes linked to a library of solutions on how to address non-compliant issues on farm.
Projects undertaken in this area were to support participating LDL plants to make software changes to their on floor grading software to enable them to effectively upload the required data to the NLIS database for the purposes of LDL. These projects consisted of three components:
- Enhancements to on floor grading system, including:
- Changes required to the on floor grading software to enable LDL pilot sites to capture the bought as "Target Market".
- To establish the transfer method from the plant to the NLIS database, to ensure the effective transfer of data through associated systems e.g. NLIS Connect.
- Test the software changes made to the on floor grading system to allow data to be uploaded to NLIS connect and LDL.
- Deployment of the software changes and related systems, including operator training at plants involving site visits where necessary.
|Contract No.||Title||Start date||End date||Funding type|
LDL Pilot Support
LDL Pilot Support
Beaufort Rivers Meat – LDL Pilot Support
This page was last updated on 19/09/2018