LPA Rules & Standards
The LPA program operates under Rules and Standards agreed to and maintained by the Integrity Systems Taskforce. Accredited producers must operate in accordance with these Rules and Standards, and agree to do so as part of the LPA accreditation and reaccreditation process.
The LPA Rules set out the requirements for participation in the LPA Program. Click here to view the current LPA Rules document.
The current LPA Rules (V1.19) include the following changes:
- Section 13 – Residues and Physical contaminants has been changed to reflect: Residues, physical contaminants and on-farm quarantine status
- Section 13.1– A reference to an on-farm quarantine status
- Section 13.2 – A reference to and on-farm quarantine status
Under the LPA rules each producer acknowledges that:
a) Integrity Systems Company Limited administers the LPA;
b) these Rules evidence a binding legal agreement between each Producer and Integrity Systems Company Limited; and any reference to rights or obligations of the Committee under these Rules, includes, rights and obligations of Integrity Systems Company.
The LPA Standards are based on the seven program elements and are the approved standards for the LPA program. Click here to view the current LPA Standards document (V21)
The LPA Standards are based upon seven key areas:
1. Property risk assessment
2. Safe and responsible animal treatments
3. Stock foods, fodder crops, grain and pasture treatments
4. Preparation for dispatch of livestock
5. Livestock transactions and movements
7. Animal welfare
Changes incorporated into V21 of the LPA Standards include the addition of Element 6 – Biosecurity and Element 7 – Animal Welfare, and the associated outcomes, performance indicators and performance checklists for these two new Elements.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?