Launch of Redlands leucaena at Pinnarendi Field Day | Mount Surprise, Queensland
28 May 2019 10:00AM - 28 May 2019 02:30PM
Location: Pinnarendi Station, 22971 Kennedy Hwy, Minnamoolka
Producers are invited to the launch of the Redlands variety of leucaena at the Pinnarendi Field Day.
Unlike existing commercial varieties, Redlands has been specifically developed to tolerate psyllids while remaining palatable to cattle.
Psyllid attack can cause significant productivity losses and prevent the establishment of leucaena in humid, northern environments.
Now, after 15 years in the making, developed with funding from Meat & Livestock Australia and bred by researchers at the University of Queensland, commercially grown Redlands seed will be available to producers at this launch.
Attending producers will be able to:
- hear how Redlands is performing against Wondergraze in current liveweight trials at Pinnarendi
- walk the paddock and see the performance of Redlands versus Wondergraze
- talk with researchers involved in the development of Redlands
- hear from MLA on the current suite of leucaena projects
- purchase harvested Redlands seed.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?