Profitable Grazing Systems
Information for producers
Do you want to learn about genetics, the value chain, feedbase or managing people and business?
Specialist coaches are available to develop and deliver training courses tailored to your needs.
Three good reasons to get involved in Profitable Grazing Systems:
- It is a flexible program that enables you and your coach to develop a training package responsive to your area, your needs and your conditions.
- PGS takes a whole-of-farm business approach to improve business performance and drive profit.
- You work with small groups of like-minded producers with an experienced coach to support you.
Information for deliverers
Profitable Grazing Systems takes small groups of like-minded producers – who want to improve their whole-farm performance – and matches them with coaches who share their knowledge, skills and experience.
What has PGS achieved?
Profitable Grazing Systems has been delivered to 20 groups of cattle, sheep and goat producers across Australia, working with 13 coaches.
- 210 red meat producers engaged
- An averaged a 39% increase in profit achieved *
- An averaged a return on capital from 1.8% to 2.5%.
Why should I get involved?
As a coach, you will have access to:
- Quality professional development;
- Skilled and motivated producers;
- Opportunities to license training packages of your own;
- A network of skilled and motivated extension personnel; and
- MLA support and promotion.
Applications can be made at any time. To apply or find out more about becoming a PGS coach, contact your State Coordinator for more information.
Harden district fertile profitable beef production workshops with animal production scientist and farm business consultant David Brown.
|Jill Alexander||Applied Ag||QLD||04 2776 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Schuster||Schuster Consulting Group P/L||NSW||0418 604 email@example.com|
|Lyndon Kubiel||DEDJTR||VIC||0418 532 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leanne Sherriff||Macquarie Franklin||TAS||0429 329 email@example.com|
|Rebecca Wallis||AgInnovate||WA (South)||0400 681 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rebecca Mohr Bell||Argyll Consulting||WA & NT||08 8977 email@example.com|
|Merri Tothill||Rural Solutions||SA||04 2810 firstname.lastname@example.org|
T: +61 (2) 8055 1810
*Based on the results from the pilot where participating producers saw an increased return on capital from an average of 1.8% to 2.5%.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?