WA Pasture and Livestock Update | Lake Grace, WA
19 Sep 2018 09:45AM - 19 Sep 2018 05:00PM
Location: Starting at 'Hakuna Matata' farm, Beetaloo Rd, Lake Grace
Price: $30 (cash or cheque on the day. No credit card facility available).
You are invited to Royce Taylor’s paddocks to inspect a range of medic pastures (both existing and newly sown), saltland pastures and a 2014 sown paddock scale trial comprising a large range of annual legume pastures managed in a 1:1 crop:pasture rotation.
Royce will be joined by Chris Poole from ALOSCA (nitrogen fixation in legumes), Angelo Loi from DPIRD (annual legume pastures) and Steve Carr from AgLime (soil pH and pastures).
After the farm tour, there will be lunch and the afternoon session at Lake Grace.
Speakers and afternoon topics:
- Ed Riggall, AgPro Management - Managing for high sheep profits in good and bad years
- John Young, Farming Systems Analysis Service Merino Wethers – Prime lamb, hogget or mutton?
- Phil Nichols, DPIRD - New varieties of sub clover
- Paul Sanford, DPIRD - Red leaf clover syndrome update
- Stuart Nagel, SARDI - Growing vetches
- Anna-Lisa Newman, Producer from Varley - Large scale adoption of serradella
- Angelo Loi, DPIRD - Reducing crop fertiliser nitrogen with legume pastures
- Phil Nichols, DPIRD - Messina for wet and saline soils
- David Clegg, SeedNet - Tedera – an exciting new perennial legume.
- Ed Riggall, AgPro Management - Chaff carts and sheep
- TBA - Confinement feeding for better pastures, crops and stoc
- Sarah Blumer, Murdoch University - Boosting lamb survival and breeding reilient sheep
- John Paul Collins, DPIRD - Technology for livestock producers that saves time and makes money
- Tim Watts, WALRC - Research and extension priorities for pastures and livestock
Download the flyer here.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?