Southern cattle producers
MLA delivers a range of workshops, tools and other resources for southern cattle producers to equip them with the latest best-practice knowledge gathered from research that can be applied to improve their businesses.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s on offer to southern cattle producers:
Workshops and programs
EDGEnetwork workshops: One to three day workshops offering practical learning opportunities on business, breeding, nutrition and grazing management skills.
Profitable Grazing Systems: Profitable Grazing Systems takes small groups of like-minded producers – who want to improve their whole-farm performance – and matches them with coaches who share their knowledge, skills and experience.
Bred Well Fed Well workshops: Bred Well Fed Well is a practical, one-day workshop highlighting the key production benefits of superior genetics, plus feed management for improved reproductive performance and livestock productivity.
Producer Demonstration Sites: The Producer Demonstration Sites program allows producers to implement proven research and technologies in their own commercial operations with a group of like-minded peers.
More Beef from Pastures: A series of webinars for southern beef producers to increase productivity and profit while minimising risk.
Business profitability and sustainability
- Productivity and Profitability webinars
- Business profitability and sustainability (Farm 300)
- Succession Planning
- Data at your fingertips: How integrating data sources can improve your business’s efficiency
- MLA Genetics hub: An online resource hub with producer case studies, videos and resources to help producers use breeding values to accelerate the productivity of their herd or flock.
- More Beef from Pastures online manual: An information manual designed to deliver the essential principles and practices for a successful beef business through a series of education modules.
- More Beef from Pastures online manual – pastoral region: An information manual designed to deliver the essential principles and practices for a successful pastoral beef business through a series of education modules.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?