Barkly BeefUp Forum & Herd Management Forum
24 Jul 2023 07:00AM - 26 Jul 2023 01:30PM
Location: Mt Isa, QLD
BeefUp - MLA members $25. Non-members $50.
Includes the BeefUp forum and field trip, plus all meals on 23- 24 July.
Combined ticket: BeefUp & Herd Management forum - $150.
Includes all of the above, plus a subsidised Grazing Fundamentals EDGE workshop,
training in best practice cattle mangement, understanding business finance and more, as
well as all meals on 25-26 July.
Venue: AACo Brunette Downs Station
- Sunday 23 July - BBQ and networking drinks from 6.30pm
- Monday 24 July - BeefUp forum & dinner
- Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 July – Herd Management Forum (2 days)
Join us for the Barkly Region BeefUp forum and the biannual Herd Managers Forum. Tickets are available for both events separately or as a combined offering.
The BeefUp forum will present the latest in local and world-leading research and technologies for the northern beef industry.
The Barkly BeefUp program will cover:
- MLA RD&A update and market insights.
- Innovation and future agtech
- Profitable businesses in the Barkly – what drives business performance
- The latest research in disease, genetics and breeder herd improvement
- Property paddock tour
Over two days, the Herd Management Forum will provide hands-on training for managers, leading hands and other staff developing their knowledge and skills.
The Herd Management Forum will cover:
- Understanding practical finance in the business
- Biosecurity introduction – current risks, paperwork and trucking requirements
- Grazing Fundamentals EDGE workshop.