Breeding EDGE | Hughenden, Qld
28 Feb 2024 08:00AM - 01 Mar 2024 05:00PM
Location: Hughenden, QLD
$1,950 + GST / 1st person from one business.
$1,650 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from same business (producers only).
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers in improving and refining their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery – Department of Agriculture & Fisheries QLD
- Dr Libby Harriman – ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet (Great Artesian Veterinary Surgery).
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.