Breeding EDGE workshop | Cloncurry, QLD
05 Feb 2024 09:00AM - 07 Feb 2024 05:00PM
Location: Cloncurry, Queensland
$1,950 + GST / 1st person from one business; $1,650 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from same business (producers only); Corporate rate + GST/ 5 or more participants from the one business.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
Presenters: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill (Beef Enterprise Advisory Services), Tim Emery (Qld Department Agriculture & Fisheries) and ACV accredited vet Dr Trevor Smith (North Australian Veterinary Group).