Business EDGE workshop | Robe, SA
16 Oct 2019 08:30AM - 17 Oct 2019 05:00PM
Please note, due to insufficient registrations this event has been cancelled. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Business EDGE is a comprehensive two-day workshop for owners and managers of grazing enterprises. It’s specifically designed to improve financial literacy and business skills.
Business EDGE workshops have been run across northern Australia since 2010 with over 500 participants completing the course so far. This course follows from that experience and has been modified to have specific relevance to southern Australia, while still retaining all the key financial and business principles.
Each participant will receive a full set of background and course notes, a hardcopy of the PowerPoint presentation used for teaching, and a USB drive with a suite of spreadsheet based decision support tools used in the course.
What you will learn:
- Why your income tax return is of limited value in business decision making.
- How to set up and use management accounts.
- How to interpret financial statements and understand what they are saying to you.
- Understanding the key profit drivers for the whole business, the herd and the flock.
- How to manage financial risk.
- How to allocate capital in a rational manner for a better return on the investment.
- and much more.
Presenter: Simon Vogt, Rural Directions Agribusiness Consultant
Download the flyer here.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?