Grazing fundamentals EDGE workshop | Barcaldine, Queensland
Principles underpinning timely management decisions.
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production systems and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
- regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local pasture growth patterns
- local seasonal calendar and key decision dates
- land condition
- long and short-term carrying capacity
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- what’s involved with forage budgeting.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- understand how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
- evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
- better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition.
Deliverers: Jane Tincknell (QDAF) and Jenny Milson (QDAF)
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
14 Nov 2018 08:15AM to 14 Nov 2018 04:30PM
Ken Wilson Pavilion, Barcaldine Showgrounds
$200pp + GST: One person from a business (Normally $750pp + GST) or $150pp + GST: Two or more people from the same business (Normally $500 + GST).
Discounted prices are possible thanks to generous support from QDAF’s GrazingFutures project. GrazingFutures: promoting a resilient grazing industry.
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, lunch and morning/afternoon tea. Places are limited.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?