Optimising irrigated clover production workshop | Evandale, Tasmania
16 Dec 2019 10:00AM - 16 Dec 2019 01:00PM
Location: 'Logan' Shearing Shed, 695 Logan Road, Evandale
This half day workshop will highlight the importance of animal nutrition, feed quality and feed budgeting with respect to increased productivity and economic performance of livestock on white clover pastures.
What you will learn:
- An outline from host producers Clare and Angus Peltzer on their production system and how white clover is used
- clover agronomy and insect/weed management
- grazing management, including pre and post grazing targets and stocking rates
- internal parasite and general health management
- white clover variety selection
- pasture management training opportunities.
Deliverer: Jason Lynch, Senior Consultant, Macquarie Franklin
- Paul Nilon, Nilon Farm Health
- David Squibb, PGG Wrightson Seeds
- Clare and Angus Peltzer, Logan Pty Ltd