Winter forage/managed tropical grass for beef cattle PDS seminar | Casino, NSW
02 Mar 2020 09:30AM - 02 Mar 2020 03:00PM
Location: Casino RSM, Canterbury Street, Casino, NSW
This free seminar will assist producers to increase productivity through a winter forage/tropical grass production system.
MLA’s PDS program supports producers to adapt, validate and demonstrate the business value of integrating new management practices/skills into their local farming systems.
Overview of the Producer Demonstration Site:
- demonstrating the productivity and profitability impacts on a beef herd by sowing winter forage into managed tropical grass pasture
- breeding herd outcomes: year-round carrying capacity, reproductive rate and growth rate of calves
- cow condition score and calf weights
- cattle and pasture input costs and returns
- whole-farm impacts.
What’s on the agenda?
- Producer Demonstration Sites - how they enhance adoption of research results
- The winter forage/tropical grass for beef cattle project - who’s involved, what they’re doing and the production parameters measured and what can be manipulated in the beef cattle production system to increase productivity, sustainability and profitability
- Growing winter forages in our sub-tropical environment - paddock selection and management, planting options, fertiliser input and grazing management
- Forage variety selection to match management and expected results
- Three local producers presentations on their production system - inputs, what was recorded and the results.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?