Breeding EDGE workshop | Charters Towers, Queensland
Please note, this event has been postponed till 2019. Date TBC. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop (13-14 November and 22 November 2018) designed to improve and refine producers breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn:
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill - Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Mick Sullivan - QDAF
- Tim Emery - Tropical Beef Technology Services (TBTS)
- ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet
Download flyer here.
Date & time:
13 Nov 2018 08:00AM to 14 Nov 2018 05:00PM
QDAF Office, 1-5 Prior St, Charters Towers
$1,750pp + GST / One person from a business or $1,450pp + GST / Two or more people from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook, electronic files and other materials.
To register contact: Felicity Hamlyn-Hill M: 0428 113 732 or E: email@example.com
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?