BWFW workshop | Somerton
25 Feb 2021 08:30AM - 25 Feb 2021 03:30PM
Location: 1274 Lower Somerton Road, Somerton, NSW
Cost: No Cost to red meat levy payers due to the Accelerated Adoption Initiative for events to 30 June 2021. Cost to non-red meat levy payers $75.
What are BredWell FedWell Workshops?
Bred Well Fed Well is a practical, one-day workshop highlighting the key production benefits of superior genetics, plus feed management for improved reproductive performance and livestock productivity.
What will I learn at a BWFW workshop?
- improved understanding of how to use ASBVs/EBVs to improve enterprise profitability
- how to develop a breeding objective for your sheep or cattle enterprise
- the impact of better management of breeder nutrition on reproductive performance and profitability
- skills in developing simple energy budgets for the breeder flock or herd
- Practical sessions include condition scoring, feed budgeting and ram and/or bull selection.
Deliverer: Jason Trompf