Grazing fundamentals EDGE workshop | Brisbane, Queensland
Grazing fundamentals EDGE is a workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production systems and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- know when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting and calculating carrying capacity.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
- evaluate the productive potential of a property and identify opportunities for improvement
- better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
- understand key considerations when designing paddock and property layout.
Presenters: Jill Alexander (Applied Ag) and Col Paton (Ecorich Grazing)
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
06 Feb 2019 08:30AM to 06 Feb 2019 04:30PM
George Williams Hotel, 317 - 325 George St, Brisbane
$825 incl GST
Cost includes workshop, a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and all catering.
Earlybird discount: Bookings made by 24/12/18 are eligible for a 5% discount. Use the discount code GRAZING when booking online.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?