Grazing Land Management EDGE workshop | Brisbane, Queensland
Grazing Fundamentals EDGE is a one-day workshop designed to give you a broad understanding of the components of the grazing production systems and the core, scientifically-backed principles behind optimising grazing land productivity.
What you will learn:
- environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
- local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
- how soil properties influence pasture growth
- how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
- how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
- know when and how to use pasture spelling
- principles behind successful grazing systems
- how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
- what’s involved with forage budgeting.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
- evaluate the productive potential of your property and identify opportunities for improvement
- better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
- understand the process of forage budgeting
- identify practical strategies to improve land condition and reduce sediment loss.
Presenters: Jill Alexander (Applied Ag) and Col Paton (Ecorich Grazing)
Download the flyer here.
Date & time:
06 Feb 2019 08:30AM to 07 Feb 2019 01:00PM
Brisbane (venue TBC)
$1,100pp incl GST (Includes Grazing fundamentals EDGE + half day specialist session on: (a) Forage budgeting and carrying capacity and (b) Managing tree/grass balance and using fire. Cost includes workshop, a comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and all catering.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?