Pasture Research Update | Wagga Wagga
01 Jun 2022 08:30AM - 01 Jun 2022 03:30PM
Local Land Services Riverina
Building 24, Darnell Smith Drive, CSU
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Attendance cost for each event is $20.00/head which includes morning tea and lunch. Students and tertiary education student’s attendance is free.
Off the back of recent dry times and with current favourable weather conditions and rising red meat prices, there are opportunities and strong interest in pasture improvement.
This is your chance to get on the right path for pasture selection, sowing, management and considerations for the future.
Riverina Local Land Services is collaborating with Meat and Livestock Australia, NSW Department of Primary Industries, CSIRO, TIA and key industry growers bring to you the 2022 Pasture Research Update. Learn about:
- The business of farming - building a profitable model that fits with your
- Grass-fed livestock production developments and future opportunities
Improving the use of forage brassicas in mixed farming systems
- Increasing livestock production by integrating tropical pastures into
- Cover cropping – what are the best practices and pitfalls with sowing crop
and pasture together
- Grazing wheat forages – what companion plants substitute or complement
- Establishing legumes in mixed pastures swards
- Maximising best return with serradella by understanding sowing rates.
The latest research information from the Pastures and Livestock Teams at MLA, DPI, CSIRO, TIA and leading Agri-industry consultants will be on show with plenty of opportunity for your questions to be answered.