Selecting for success - Unlocking herd potential with genomics workshop | Culcairn, NSW
21 May 2019 12:00PM - 21 May 2019 05:00PM
Location: 'Ellerslie Park' - Rennylea Angus, 2741 Olympic Hwy, Culcairn
Genomic technologies present an opportunity for all Angus producers to accelerate the rate of genetic gain of their beef enterprises through enhanced decision making regarding the genetic potential of their animals.
This workshop is beef production focused, highly-practical and interactive with expert speakers covering these topics:
- Developing genomic technologies available for beef production systems.
- Application and integration of genomic tools to enhance selection decisions.
- Adoption of genomic tools in large scale beef enterprises.
- Protecting your genetics through the proper management and assessment of your bull battery.
This workshop will leave you equipped with the knowledge to better understand and improve your:
- Grasp of genomic tools and application and the impact on EBVs and relevance to both seedstock and commercial enterprises.
- Ability to utilise genomics on farm to meet your breeding objective to match your target markets.
- Strategies to improve your genetic selection decisions and apply selection pressure to improve your rate of genetic gain.
- The working life and fertility of your bull battery to enable high performance and reproductive success.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?