The ‘so what’ of carbon in agriculture
14 Feb 2024 07:00PM - 14 Feb 2024 08:00PM
Cam Nicholson is a director of Nicon Rural Services, a consulting business near Geelong working with the grazing and cropping industries.
Cam has worked in pasture agronomy and soils for 35 years and has been involved in many farmer programs for the GRDC, MLA, Landcare and the current Future Drought Fund. He provides consultancy advice to farmers and lectures on animal and pasture systems at Marcus Oldham College. His most recent work has focussed on understanding and discussing risk in farming businesses, carbon accounting and decision making.
He and his wife Fiona run a 400 ha beef and sheep farm on the Bellarine Peninsula turning off cattle for the long fed feedlot market and fine wool.
The webinar covers:
- Understanding carbon within agriculture and grazing businesses
- The carbon space is rapidly evolving, how should this be approached into the future?
- The importance of focussing on improving emissions intensity within the short term
- What can be done within a farm business now to improve emissions intensity?
- The importance of due diligence when considering carbon farming schemes
Date and time: 14 February 2024, 7.00pm AEDT