Carbon EDGE pilot comes to Mackay
30 October 2023
Red meat producers in Mackay, Queensland are encouraged to sign up and participate in Meat & Livestock Australia’s (MLA) brand new, pilot Carbon EDGE program. Sponsored places are now being offered at only $250 + GST for the full two-day workshop in person.
To be held from 10:00am 9-10 November 2023, the pilot will help producers build on their understanding of carbon.
Offering independent information, the program will help participants move into a planning and action phase, identifying technologies and methods that could be incorporated into their business to benefit their bottom line and the environment. It is also suitable for advisors and other service providers looking to enhance their understanding of the current operating environment.
Delivered by Rhonda Toms-Morgan from ConnectAg and Sarah Barrett from Pinion Advisory, the pilot program will deliver personalised information, small group learning, practical activities and case studies, data and examples from the local region.
Attending this workshop will help producers learn:
- key terminology and concepts relating to greenhouse gases (GHG) within the red meat industry, such as insetting vs offsetting, scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, carbon footprint, carbon baseline and emissions intensities
- win-win options for improving their environmental footprint whilst improving livestock productivity
- in-depth information on the practices to reduce and sequester GHG within a livestock grazing business
- weighing up opportunities and risks associated with generating carbon credits and how they can be used to benefit livestock businesses
- understanding carbon neutrality and how it aligns to their business goals
- developing a carbon action plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies to meet objectives.
Places are strictly limited so be sure to register soon to avoid disappointment.