Resources for producers affected by North West Queensland flooding
08 February 2019
The recent floods are devastating for many Queensland cattle producers, especially on the back of the drought conditions many have been experiencing.
At the moment, the focus is rightly on helping those producers who are needing immediate assistance. If you are a producer in need of help, or you can assist with the provision of fodder or transport, call AgForce’s emergency hotline: 1800 648 974
This is an unprecedented natural disaster and given the emergency situation is still unfolding for many red meat producers, the full scale of the floods is unknown. It is impossible to ascertain the extent of the full impact to livestock in these regions, and what the flow on impact is to the red meat and livestock industry and the local cattle markets.
Meat & Livestock Australia has compiled a list of resources to assist producers affected by flooding:
- AgForce: Register for emergency fodder drops
- AgForce: North Queensland Disaster Response Survey
- National Farmers Federation: FarmHub
- Lifeline Australia: 13 11 14
Farm and livestock management resources
- Australian Veterinary Association: Hotline for affected producers 1800 62 19 18
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries: Carcase disposal factsheet
- MLA: Disaster management resources
- MLA: Flood recovery resources
- Integrity Systems Company and MLA: Things to consider about Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) during natural disasters
- Queensland Government: Disaster recovery for livestock farms
- Queensland Government: Managing cattle after a natural disaster
- Queensland Government: Managing NLIS and animal movements requirements during natural disasters including how to identify and return displaced stock
- Queensland Government: Managing weeds, pest animals and invasive ants after a natural disaster
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries: Livestock diseases following floods
Financial and other assistance
- QRIDA: Fast facts on recovery assistance grants
- QRIDA: Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants - Exceptional Circumstances - Primary Producer
- QRIDA: Disaster Assistance Loans - Primary Producer
- QRIDA: Disaster Assistance (Essential Working Capital) Loans - Primary Producers
- DisasterAssist resources
- Queensland Government: Flood damaged machinery
- Queensland Government: Recovery after a disaster
- QFF: Farmer Disaster Support
- Department of Human Services: Far North Queensland Floods help
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?