Complete the MLA/AWI survey for your chance to win a $1,000 fuel card
25 February 2021
- The MLA and AWI wool and sheepmeat survey closes 28 February 2021
- One participant will win a $1,000 fuel card for completing the survey
- The survey provides useful information on lamb and ewe numbers, producer intentions, marking rates and breeds
The MLA/AWI sheepmeat and wool survey is released three times a year. The February wave is in progress, closing Sunday 28 February.
The survey results provide industry with insights regarding breeds, wool and meat production, lamb marking rates and purchasing intentions, on a national and regional basis.
Key insights from the October 2020 survey included:
- national merino marking rates of 92%
- more than 90% of producers intend to either increase or maintain their flock
- Almost a quarter of producers intend to buy more ewes and ewe lambs to help rebuild their flocks
- Non-merino lambs account for 44% of all lambs
All survey responses are deidentified and aggregated. National and state results are published on the MLA website once the survey process is completed.
It is important to have a large response for the most accurate information.
All participants who complete the survey will go into the running to win a $1,000 fuel card.
Previous survey results are available here.
© Meat & Livestock Australia Limited, 2021