Demonstrate continuous improvement in environmental management, ensuring ongoing access to productive natural resources by earning the Australian red meat industry an international and local community reputation as a responsible environmental steward.
Environmental management is now recognised as core business because over the past decade, MLA and the Australian Government have partnered to research and promote practices that support environmental sustainability.
Co-investment by industry and the Australian Government in environmental sustainability has provided the red meat and livestock industry with the evidence, knowledge and capability to respond to key issues, mitigate future impacts on natural resource conditions, and
inform policy setting and research priorities.
Selected reference documents
- MLA's contribution to the environmental sustainability of the red meat industry - Measuring the contribution (2009)
- MLA's contribution to the environmental sustainability of the red meat industry - A stocktake of surveys and programs (2009)
- Environmental factors affecting Australia's livestock industries, Australian Government DAFF (2001)
- Signposts for Agriculture Framework, National Land & Water Resources Audit (2007)
- ABARE Sustainable Grazing Systems (SGS) survey report for MLA (2001)
- CCRDC Measuring economic, environmental and social returns from Rural Research and Development Corporations' investment (2008)
- NRM MERI Framework, Australian Government DEWHA/DAFF (2009)
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?