Strong Sheep, Strong Business | Mintaro, SA
Improve the health and welfare of your sheep
The Mid North Young Guns invite you to a half-day workshop to improve the health and welfare of your sheep. While sheep producers are facing challenging times, we want to ensure our sheep are still well looked after – both for their wellbeing and to improve our profitability.
- MLA will provide an outlook for sheep prices to help you decide whether to sell or hold onto stock while pasture feed is limited.
- Hamish Dickson will give advice for supplementary feeding for sheep health.
- We’ll look at sheepyard design to reduce stress and injuries.
- Rachel Chirgwin will give a producer’s perspective on how improving sheep welfare is good for her business.
- Natural Resources will provide tips for invasive animal control to keep your sheep safe from foxes.
- Sheep Producers Australia chair Allan Piggott will keep you up to date with what you need to know in policies and legislation on animal welfare.
Venue: Mintaro Football Club.
This is a family friendly event – kids eat lunch free and can play on the oval or join the workshop.
Mid North Young Guns AGM
Learn what Mid North Young Guns are about and have your say at an informal meeting at the Magpie and Stump Hotel (Burra St, Mintaro) after the workshop. The AGM will be followed by a pub meal and chance for some networking over a beverage. AGM venue: Magpie & Stump, Burra Street, Mintaro
Download the program here.
Date & time:
05 Oct 2018 12:00PM to 05 Oct 2018 08:00PM
Mintaro Football Club, 83 Mintaro Rd Mintaro
$25 per person
Register online here.
For enquiries or more information please contact Rebecca Barr, 0402 788 526, email@example.com
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?