Seven things red meat producers can look forward to in 2019
13 December 2018
What’s in store for 2019? MLA has compiled a list of the breakthroughs, innovations and events red meat producers can expect to head their way next year.
1. More animal welfare tools including NumNuts for management of pain in sheep during husbandry procedures. Outcomes are in the pipeline from the 10 projects which make up the MLA-led Strategic Partnership for Animal Welfare RD&A.
2. Amazing industry events like Red Meat 2019, to be held at Tamworth on 18–21 November 2019, BeefUp Forums, It's EweTime and EDGEnetwork training days. More will be revealed in early 2019 but keep your eye on mla.com.au/events for updates.
4. Strong export and domestic demand for premium Australian beef, sheepmeat and goatmeat. Read all the latest forecasts and market data in MLA's Market News.
5. New pasture varieties and feedbase options including tedera, for which some seed will be available in 2018, and new cultivars of leucaena, which are currently being grow for seed build up. Meanwhile, check out how pastures are performing in your area with the MLA-supported Pasture Trial Network.
7. Further refinements to Meat Standards Australia, which this year celebrated 20 years of lifting the consumer satisfaction for beef and lamb.
And if you'd like to reflect more on the year that was, don't forget to read MLA's Annual Report 2017–18 online now.
Join myMLA today
One username and password for key integrity and information Systems (LPA/NVD, NLIS, MSA & LDL).
A personalised online dashboard that provides news, weather, events and R&D tools relevant to you.
Customised market information and analysis.
Already registered for myMLA?